cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gv <jg...@yahoo.com>
Subject XSP output: disable-output-escaping?
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:51:09 GMT
Hi,

>From an XSP page, I am trying to output a Java
variable that contains the XML result of an external
script as XML, but my angle brackets are escaping to
character entities.

I have a Java String variable called 'scriptOutput'.
It's filled with a string of XML that comes from an
external script. My goal is have my XSP page output
this String as XML.

The results of my XSP looks something like this:

<page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">

&lt;car&gt;
  &lt;door&gt;
    &lt;handle/&gt;
  &lt;/door&gt;
&lt;car&gt;

</page>

This is the result I want:

<page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">

<car>
  <door>
    <handle/>
  </door>
</car>

</page>

I tried fooling around with <xsp:element>,
<xsp:content>, and <xsp:expr> with no luck. I guess
I'm looking to do something similar to XSLT's
'disable-output-escaping'. Any ideas on if/how this
can be done?

Thanks,
John

http://finance.yahoo.com