cocoon-users mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: esql:get-timestamp | how to add a locale to the format attribute?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:21:42 GMT

On Monday, September 9, 2002, at 11:41  Uhr, leo leonid wrote:

> hi,
> I've got this
> 	<esql:get-timestamp column="date" format="EEEE, d. MMMM yyyy, h:mm
> a"/>
> and now I want to add a locale just like in
> 	SimpleDateFormat("EEEE, d. MMMM yyyy, h:mm a", Locale.US)
>
> If it is possible to do this in XML, does anyone know the right syntax?
> Thanks.
> /Leo

to answer my own question I looked at esql.xsl(lines 777-787) and now I
know
that it is *not* possible.

I now use the i18n transformer to do the job:
	<i18n:date-time src-pattern="yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss" pattern="FULL" >
		<esql:get-timestamp column="date" format="yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss"/>
	</i18n:date-time>

ok, this works, but this is probably not  the fastest way if you have a
page with a lot of dates and you have to override the server locale.
Wouldn't it be better to have a possibility to define a global
format+locale in esql?
/Leo