cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Roper <kenneth.ro...@ihavemoved.com>
Subject Umlauts in cocoon 2.0.2
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:13:04 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to set up my cocoon application to handle strings with
Umlauts in (e.g. "ÄäÖöÜüß").  I'm using Cocoon 2.0.2.

Any string with an umlaut was being mangled between posting from the
browser, and appearing in my variable in an action when I used the
command:

String mangled= myCocoonRequest.getParameter(name);

The string I get from mangled is: "ÄäÖöÜüß", whereas it should
be: "ÄäÖöÜüß".

I've left all of cocoon's character encoding settings on the defaults.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
Kenneth