cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: Umlauts in cocoon 2.0.2
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:14:20 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ugo Cei" <u.cei@cbim.it>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: Umlauts in cocoon 2.0.2

> Change the encoding of your HTML pages by setting the encoding property
> on the serializer:
>
>      <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.html"
> mime-type="text/html" name="html" pool-grow="4" pool-max="32"
> pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
>        <buffer-size>1024</buffer-size>
>        <encoding>iso-8859-1</encoding>
>      </map:serializer>
>
> The browser should recognize the encoding and send back data in
> ISO-8859-1. I don't know if what I've just written is entirely correct,
> but it sure saved my day when faced with a similar situation.

Setting the encoding of the generated HTML pages does not help. The URL
send back by the Browser is always UTF-8 encoded.

Request.setCharacterEncoding(), as suggested by Vadim, usually helps for
GET-Parameters.

Generally it's a good idea to avoid "unsafe" (see RFC) characters in URLs
and GET-Parameters.

> Ugo

Jens