cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Johannes Wechsler" <johannes.wechsler.exter...@mchp.siemens.de>
Subject Formatting strings in a xsl
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:58:30 GMT
Hi,
I use a webservice to access the Xindice-database. The URL I access is:
http://localhost:8004/glue/DBServer/xPathQuery?collectionName=johannes2&quer
yString=//projects

The method "xPathQuery" returns the (nearly) the following string:
<projects>
   <projectName>Test 1</projectName>
     <description>Erstes Projekt</description>
     <projectLeader>Die erste Person</projectLeader>
</projects>

The code of the xsp which calls the webservice is listed below:

<xsp:logic>
   String key;

   public void start()
   {
      BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader (
webserviceURL.openStream() ) );
      key = "";
      while ( ( s = in.readLine() ) != null )
      { key += s; }
      in.close();

      return key;
   }
</xsp:logic>

<projects>
   <xsp:expr> start() </xsp:expr>
</projects>

My problem is that the following xsl doesn't recognize the received string
as a valid xml document and commands like <xsl:value-of
select="projectLeader"/> ignore my string. I want to format the received
string via my xsl, but that doesn't function.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Johannes