cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Litrik De Roy" <cocoon-us...@litrik.com>
Subject Re: About sitetrees and navigation bars (long post) (Was: Re: Link Livesites: Inventive Designers)
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:27:26 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: About sitetrees and navigation bars (long post) (Was: Re: Link
Livesites: Inventive Designers)

> Hi Litrik,
>
> I want to suggest a more or less important change to your XSL. Have you
> thought about using keys? You are really often using //* with @uri as
> key. You only need to switch the context to the $SiteTreeFile to use the
> key there.

Ahum... I have to admit I never really looked at XPath "keys".

<interesting examples showing usage of keys>

> and so on. It should speed up your transformation a bit. The more
> entries in the $SiteTreeFile the bigger will be the advantage. But it
> will consume more memory to store the key index.

Thanks for the advice. Currently the $SiteTreeFile contains approx 50 pages
so performance is just fine. But I'll do some reading on XPath keys and give
it a try.

PS: The very first version had document() on each and every XPath
expression.... now, that really hurt performance. At least now the
document() is in a variable.

> Regards,
>
> Joerg

Litrik De Roy