cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Lee" <paul....@skinnypigeon.com>
Subject PDF "Double Dipping" -- FOP bug?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:47:13 GMT
I know the subject line is pretty stupid, but hell, it's been a long
day.

I have started to use Cocoon to generate HTML and PDF output from a
database.  It works great but I noticed that whenever I generate a PDF
file the same query always get executed twice, while the equivalent HTML
generation uses only one request.  This is especially noticeable as one
of my queries take a minute long.  Cocoon also seem to reprocess the XML
whenever I ask for the PDF transformation - this is evident from the
"double spike" in the processing power usage (I am running Windows 2000
and you can see the two "hills" prominently in the Task Manager)

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong, but I noticed that it seems
to be doing the same thing even to the hello.pdf example on a fresh,
plain installation of Tomcat/Cocoon.

This leads me to wonder: is this a bug in FOP?  Has anyone seen/solve
this?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

p.s. Tomcat 4.0.4, Cocoon 2.0.3, Windows 2000 & Windows XP, JDK1.4 &
1.3.1