cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: Cocoon and PDF/HTML-Layout Tools Integration (for expl. QuarkXPress,... etc.)
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:10:37 GMT

Hi Massimo.

I've not used any visual XSLT design tools, though I've heard of them.

But I have used an approach in Cocoon where your layout is done in html
(using any html editor - we used DreamWeaver). In the template HTML, you add
a few extra attributes to refer to the data (the content of the page), e.g.
attribute-value-templates in your html, and variable-substitution in the
text of the html, like this:

You can use the HTMLGenerator to convert the HTML layout to XHTML, transform
it into valid XSLT, and you have a XSLT stylesheet without too much XSLT,
written in a generic HTML editor, with a few extra "custom" attributes etc
(not usually a problem).

Cheers!

Con