cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: J2EE needed? UserTransaction not found..
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:49:17 GMT

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Jan wrote:

> It seems to be that Cocoon uses J2EE (witch I do not have) for it uses javax.transaction.UserTransaction..
is this correct or have I possibly done something wrong during the build process?
> The whole trace is included below.
> Oh by the way: The link is in a class within the scratchpad, so... maybe this will be
solved and is just for the moment?

> Cheers,
> Jan
>
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction

After a look into the J2EE specs, I see that the JTA is part of J2EE. The
Slide Class uses the JTA, and lib can be found at the moment in
src/scratchpad/lib. I think this must be removed in the next time, because
there exists problems with SUN licence and the APACHE licence, I think.

But you shouldn't get a compilation error with the current CVS HEAD.

Where do you get this error?

Stephan.

         Stephan Michels               EMail: stephan@apache.org
         ICQ: 115535699                Tel: +49-030-314-21583