cocoon-users mailing list archives

From sidhar...@vmoksha.com
Subject RE: Unicode
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:25:38 GMT

hI
PG Sql also supports Unicode.
So how do we do it in that case.
I am using encoding tag in serializer also.
But i am not able to get back my in the same format.

Regards
Sidharth Ghai
Vmoksha Technologies
VI th Floor, Corporate Towers 'C'
Diamond District
Kodihally
Banglore

                    Paul Terray

                    <terray@4dconc       To:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    ept.fr>              cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Unicode

                    08/07/2002

                    07:23 PM

                    Please respond

                    cocoon-users

At 19:15 07/08/2002 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi
>I am using Postgresql database. I want to input and fetch chinese
>characters from my DB.

I don't use this DB, but from what I read in the doc, it is UTF-8 :
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?multibyte.html

Now you have to verify (using this URL) if it is properly configured to
output UTF-8 after a request. Check the CLIENT_ENCODING variable, or the
PGCLIENTENCODING environment variable...

If they are both null, then you should expect utf-8 encoding, meaning your
heading should be :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Another thing : make sure the characters you type in the XSP page are also
UTF-8 ! You can type any ascii character with a usual editor, but if you
use anything out of ascii, you MUST HAVE a utf-8 enabled editor.

--
Paul TERRAY - Ingénieur Systèmes Documentaires
4Dconcept