cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Edge" <michael.e...@db.com>
Subject Merging Dynamic Content and Static HTML in Same Page
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:56:19 GMT

Hi All

Is it possible within Cocoon to produce a single page that is made up of both static and dynamic
content. For example, I would like to produce reports that all contain a standard header with
images and toolbars, etc., but where the dynamic part of the page is generated by an XSP using
ESQL. Within Cocoon I can see ways of generating static pages using either map:read or map:generate,
as in:

<map:match pattern="head.html">
       <map:read src="docs/head.htm" mime-type="text/html"/>
</map:match>
<map:match pattern="head">
      <map:generate type="html" src="docs/head.htm"/>
      <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

And there are ways of generating dynamic pages using XSP, as in:

<map:match pattern="reports">
      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/PCTeamProduct.xsp"/>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/PCTeamProduct.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

Now how can I put these both together so that I get a single HTML page with head.htm at the
top followed by the output of PCTeamProduct.xsp?

Thanks for the help

Regards

Michael

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.