cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anand_Krish...@putnam.com
Subject PERFORMANCE - attributes vs. elements
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 23:54:47 GMT
I know this is a basic XML/XSLT question and is an old debate. I would like
to know if using attributes as opposed to elements within XML will speed up
its transformation using XSLT? I have a 3MB XML file which is transformed
by my XSLT into HTML using Cocoon. I have a few tags in the XML file which
could be tucked away as an attribute of its parent element. I hit upon them
while I was trying to search every nook and corner for improving the
performance. Right now it sucks. Please let me know if anybody has some
tips & tricks for improving performance, kind of do's and dont's.

Thank you,
Anand