cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Leigh Dodds" <ldo...@ingenta.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosts/Mounts (was RE: Newbie questions)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:27:58 GMT
> I´ve got a question concering 'multiple users sharing a single cocoon
> instance'...
>
> We can seperate the workspaces and sitemaps of all users with a subsitemap
> mounting.... but how can i keep the libs and classes seperated (without
> enforcing a pre-package name like our.customer.classes.*) ?
> So... is there a way to say to cocoon (or to tomcat)... "there, there and
> there are libs/classes you have to search for at each reload of the
> webapp"... (e.g. one "classes" and one "lib" dir for each cocoon user)

I don't believe there is (although I'm not 100% sure -- I'm still investigating
this area), so I should qualify my statements about multiple users sharing
a single instance to say that they're also sharing the same versions of
the same classes.

So this configuration is probably of most interest to people putting together
applications (i.e. sitemap configuration, XSLT transforms, etc) rather than
application development.

I've amended my article, which is now in the CocoDocoWiki:

http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UnderstandingCocoonMounts

Cheers,

L.