cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "jerome iffrig" <jerome.iff...@anitesystems.de>
Subject RE: === Cocoon + Localisation + Dynamic + database : Need point of view === FOLLOW-UP
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:59:27 GMT
What I mean by :-

"[...] I have been told that Cocoon was able to make this together very
efficiently (I have even been told that I could keep track [e.g. path of the
localized documents] and make them dynamically available in real time as the
content grows) using COCOON. [...]"

Is that I have been told that it was possible to use a database (which could
be updated anytime whenever content need to be added [e.g. containing to
path to the localized documents]) in association with Cocoon.
The reason being is that as far as I understand the sitemap file is a sort
of "hard codding of the content" - I would like to have a way to tell
Cocoon:
Ok, someone has asked for a document named "HollidaysInNice" in French -> I
would like to have a way to tell Cocoon to do the following:
A Document named "HollidaysInNice" in French has been requested - Let's have
a look in the database to see if a French rendition of this document has
been inserted recently - If so, lookup for the path of this rendition (ther
XML file containing the data itself of the document) in this very same
database - THEN, make a like between the XML document and the layout to be
applied to it (this last operation should be done in some way by sitemap as
I understand).

Is this still possible to be done by Cocoon? Do anyone has a sample or a
piece of code for me to practice this sort of operation?

Many thanks to Piroumin Konstantin for his previous (very quick) answer :o)