cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Status of new functionality
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 05:53:58 GMT
The official state of the session and authentication management is alpha,
but this stuff is a donation of my company. It is used in production
environment over more than a year now - so they are more stable and
working than you could expect from alpha software - you can consider
them at least as beta.

An official beta will not happen so soon - we have to solve some
heavy issues for the 2.1 release - I hope we can have an alpha release
in one month and then one or two months later a beta release.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG
             Cocoon Consulting, Training and Projects
mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de                  http://www.s-und-n.de
                    http://ziegeler.bei.t-online.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Jones [mailto:gjones05@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 5:52 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Status of new functionality

I'm trying to create a Webapp with Cocoon and most of the functionality is
simple. The same stuff that the Session Management and Authentication is
going to satisfy.
Does anyone know when this functionality will be released as Beta ( I'm
under the impression it is still in Alpha)?
Anyone using the Alpha version? If so, how is it working out for you?

- Thanks