cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Portal question [ the request parameters are available from inside the coplets?]
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 06:34:43 GMT

Ramy Mamdouh wrote:

> Thanks for replying, but handlesParameters just handles the parameters
> of the portal engine (like size, customize, etc).
True.

> And handlesParameters is true by default.
Yes.

> What I'm asking about is handling any other parameters passed with the
> main portal uri.
> handlesParameters has no effect as -it seems to me- regarding these
> parameters, it just handles the portal engine parameters.

What URI protocol do you use to invoke your coplets? I assume
you use the internal cocoon: protocol - if you simply use cocoon:/coplet,
the parameters are passed from the main pipeline to the coplet
pipeline.
If you use cocoon:raw:/coplet, then the parameters are not passed.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG
             Cocoon Consulting, Training and Projects
mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de                  http://www.s-und-n.de
                    http://ziegeler.bei.t-online.de