cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: coplet/sunlet as a form
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:45:51 GMT
Hi Phil,

we did something similar nearly over a year ago for a demo, so it
is possible...

There are several solutions, here is one:
If you want to delete an email, invoke from the link or form
the same URL used for rendering the portal and append a request
parameter like "deletemail=1" with "1" being the id of the mail
to delete.

Now when the portal is rendered your mail coplet is invoked/included
again. So the pipeline for this coplet is invoked and this pipeline
gets all request parameters of the portal, so also the
"deletemail=1". You can now write a simple transformer (or action
or whatever) listening for this parameter and deleting the mail.

This works only, if you do not use the cocoon:raw: protocol for
invoking the coplet, use only the cocoon: protocol in the coplet
base profile.

We are amaiming to make the whole portal architecture more flexible
to allow a better event handling of single coplets - I hope to get
a prototype out in the next two months.

Carsten