cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Q] SunRise roles?
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:46:57 GMT

It is used in the (sunSpot) portal framework for generating
the profile of a user. But apart from that it's not use.

> Can it be used in the AuthAction to limit access by roles?

You can write your own component for this, but afaik there
is currently none already available.

> Is there an example of using them someplace?

Besides the (big) portal code: I think, no.

> When are all the users with a given role queried?

For a running system: never. Only the user management web
application where you can add a new user, add roles etc.
fetches all users for a given role to make them editable.

Carsten