cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: Using views
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:10:59 GMT
> Hi!
>
> I'm about to start using views. I'm trying to do something that I'm not
> sure can be done.
>
> Can I use <map:aggregate> in views?

As far as I know, you can't tell cocoon to aggregate views. You can define a
view to reference a part of an aggregate.

> What for? Well, this way I would be able to add my side-menu XML
> elements after the content generation, but before the final
> transformation. I'm looking for a way to add content to *all* of my
> pages before their final transformation to HTML, without having to use
> <map:agregate> in every pipeline.

You could do this a couple of ways:

- in your content use CInclude to include a snippet from elsewhere.
Something like:

  <xml-before-final-transform>
    <content>

    <cinclude:include href="cocoon:/mymenu.xml" />
  </xml-before-final-transform>

- or, even more general, just add another XSLT transform before the final
one:

   <map:generate>
   <map:transform src="add-menu.xsl" />
   <map:transform src="generate-html.xsl" />

In the XSLT, you'll need to copy all input elements to the output and graft
in your menu.

Per