cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: &#xxxx in resulting HTML source
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:09:25 GMT
Do you set <encoding>Cp1251</encoding> parameter of the serializer?

I don't remember that I've ever had this kind of problems with Russian
characters, though I didn't check it for a long time. BTW, I always use
UTF-8 for my XML documents.

--
Konstantin Piroumian

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Bredikhin [mailto:Sergey_Bredikhin@oemk.ru]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 8:36 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: &#xxxx in resulting HTML source

Hello

I using windows-1251 charset for my XML and resulting HTML documents.
When I get XML or HTML document from cocoon 2.1 I saw normal result in the
browser's window. But when I open HTML source of the document I saw &#xxxx
symbols instead of chars in windows-1251 codepage. It is not convenient and
rises the traffic.

Please, could you help me.
Probably, you had such problem with another charset, but the solvation the
same.

Sergey.