cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Sending parameters to sub-sitemap
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:08:49 GMT
> From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
> > From: Piroumian Konstantin [mailto:KPiroumian@protek.com]
> > > From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]

> > > Is this syntax valid? To the best of my knowledge, no, it is not.
> >
> > It was proposed in 2.1 along with the 'global-parameters',
>
> (Did we have a vote? :-? )

There were no formal vote as I remember. Here is the discussion:

> > but I'm not sure
> > that it was implemented. Anyway, it's a valid syntax,
>
> Why do you say it's valid? Valid syntax is that which is
> documented and
> understood (or ignored - in case 'Not Implemented Yet') by the
> implementation. No sitemap documentation has such notion, and
> it is not
> shown in any samples sitemap. Thus, I conclude, that this is
> not a valid
> syntax (also it uses all familiar elements).

Agree. I said 'valid' cause it could have been so if it were implemented in
the proposed way or at least ignored by the sitemap processor.

> In XML schema or DTD, you can limit what elements can appear in what
> places. If we have sitemap schema, it would not allow such construct.

My XML Schema allows parameters in almost every sitemap element. If we leave
'global-parameters' then 'parameter' should be allowed in 'mount', that was
one of the purposes. (The second one was to set them from the command line
in CLI and from Input modules).

> > but is it processed? Seems that it's not.
>
> No, it is not. Neither in compiled engine, nor in interpreted one.

Ok.

Konstantin