cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <ghow...@crosswalk.com>
Subject RE: Can cocoon write pdf to a file?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:53:56 GMT

Wait, this last statement makes it sound like you are only interested
in keeping the results cached to reduce load.  If that is the case,
use cocoon caching - it will automatically keep the result in memory and
optionally write it out to disk/database as well.  Caching will not keep
a .pdf file anywhere - it remembers ("compiles" in docs is misnomer)
the byte-stream for reuse if appropriate.  I would highly reccomend against
attempting to introduce your own file-based caching system when a good one
is already in place.

Hopefully, that's not what you meant by that.

Geoff