cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject Re: SOAP xsp taglib with Axis ?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:55:26 GMT
Marcus,

I haven't really found the answer, but after some comparison between 2.0.3 and 2.1-HEAD I
have found that:

* The only change has been in soap.xsl, not SOAPHelper (but I can't determine what in the
stylesheet would cause a request to hang).

* The SOAP XSP tag library uses neither the Apache SOAP nor Axis libraries for it's calls,
it uses the Jakarta-Commons httpclient component and sends SOAP requests that it constructs
itself.

I don't suppose this helps you at all, but maybe you can pinpoint your problem in the stylesheet
somehow?

/S

Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> wrote:

>FYI, with 2.0.3 everything works fine. The plot thickens :)
>
>I'll dig a bit deeper with 2.1.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Marcus
>
>On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:31:23PM +0200, Marcus Crafter wrote:
>> Hi Steven,
>>
>>   Thanks for your response mate, much appreciated.
>>
>>   I'm using Cocoon CVS head, jdk 1.3.1 under Debian with Axis from
>>   CVS a few days ago.
>>
>>   Unfortunately I still get no response from the Axis server when
>>   making a request using the soap xsp tag lib. The request just hangs
>>   and after a while times out. My soap message is identical to yours
>>   (the second one) but with a different service.
>>
>>   The same request using the Axis client utils works fine.
>>
>>   Hmm... strange. I'll try 2.0.3 and see if it works there.
>>
>>   Cheers,
>>
>>   Marcus
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:14:43PM -0400, Steven Cummings wrote:
>> > Marcus,
>> >
>> > I have gotten it to work. I'm using Cocoon 2.0.3, Axis b3, and Tomcat 4.0.4
on Sun JDK 1.4.0_01 on Redhat 7.2. After some investigation into the sources for the soap
logicsheet I discovered that you can provided just the method call and it will be encapsulated
in a correct SOAP envelope. If you want to include headers, you have to construct a "pseudo"
envelope with elements "soap:header" and "soap:body". Note that these elements are lower case,
whereas in the SOAP spec they are "Header" and "Body". This is just how the SOAP logicsheet
happens to be written though. Heres an example of a soap call I'm running from cocoon:

>> >             <soap:call url="http://myhost:8080/lims/services/urn:XMLDataService">
>> >               <soap:header>
>> >                 <username><xsp:expr>username</xsp:expr></username>
>> >                 <password><xsp:expr>password</xsp:expr></password>
>> >               </soap:header>
>> >               <soap:body>
>> >                 <ns1:authenticate xmlns:ns1="urn:XMLDataService">
>> >                   <soap:enc/>
>> >                 </ns1:authenticate>
>> >               </soap:body>
>> >             </soap:call>
>> >
>> > Without headers it could simply be:
>> >
>> >             <soap:call url="http://myhost:8080/lims/services/urn:XMLDataService">
>> >                 <ns1:authenticate xmlns:ns1="urn:XMLDataService">
>> >                   <soap:enc/>
>> >                   <!-- perhaps username/password are now arguments here...
-->

the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/