cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject RE: SOAP xsp taglib with Axis ?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:14:43 GMT
Marcus,

I have gotten it to work. I'm using Cocoon 2.0.3, Axis b3, and Tomcat 4.0.4 on Sun JDK 1.4.0_01
on Redhat 7.2. After some investigation into the sources for the soap logicsheet I discovered
that you can provided just the method call and it will be encapsulated in a correct SOAP envelope.
If you want to include headers, you have to construct a "pseudo" envelope with elements "soap:header"
and "soap:body". Note that these elements are lower case, whereas in the SOAP spec they are
"Header" and "Body". This is just how the SOAP logicsheet happens to be written though. Heres
an example of a soap call I'm running from cocoon:

            <soap:call url="http://myhost:8080/lims/services/urn:XMLDataService">
              <soap:header>
                <username><xsp:expr>username</xsp:expr></username>
                <password><xsp:expr>password</xsp:expr></password>
              </soap:header>
              <soap:body>
                <ns1:authenticate xmlns:ns1="urn:XMLDataService">
                  <soap:enc/>
                </ns1:authenticate>
              </soap:body>
            </soap:call>

Without headers it could simply be:

            <soap:call url="http://myhost:8080/lims/services/urn:XMLDataService">
                <ns1:authenticate xmlns:ns1="urn:XMLDataService">
                  <soap:enc/>
                  <!-- perhaps username/password are now arguments here... -->
                </ns1:authenticate>
            </soap:call>

I hope this helps.

/S

Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>    Hope all is well.
>
>    Was just wondering if anyone has had success using the soap taglib
>    that comes with Cocoon CVS, with Axis CVS ?
>
>    For some reason I can't seem to get any response from my
>    AxisServlet when using this taglib. Some debugging seems to show that
>    Axis can't quite understand the message the taglib sends it.
>
>    There are some differenecs in the headers between what the soap taglib
>    generates, and what Axis' client utilities generate (axis client utils
>    set the content length and the 'Host' header includes the port
>    number if its not 80), but the soap-envelopes are the same.
>
>    Just thought I make a quick sanity check to see if it's just my
>    environment ?
>
>    Cheers,
>
>    Marcus
>
>--
>     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>    ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
>     $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>           \_&&&&'
>          &&&&.
>    &&&&&&&:

Steven Cummings