cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Geert Poels" <Geert.Po...@thales-is.com>
Subject RE: difference between xsp-session and session
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:52:50 GMT
>> xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0"
>There is no difference as long as the namespace URI is the same. The
>namespace prefix is just a short name for the namespace URI.
That's what I assumed at first, but as one example showed otherwise.

** How about the necessity of create-session="true" ?

** How can I use the session- or request-object within a <xsp:logic>
	Like in :
	<xsp:logic>
		boolean isTrue() {
			boolean result = false;
			String language = (String)<session:get-attribute name="somename"/>;
			or (String) session.getAttribute("somename");
			return ;
		}
	<xsp:logic>

This give me a compilation-error because no object session can be found.
This method gets compiled as class-method but as session is not defined globally, this doesn't
get compiled.