cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Try-catch error
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:41:19 GMT
Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to include a very basic XSP part to my pages, but if I
> insert a try-catch, I get this error message :
>

> *type* fatal
>
> *message* _Language Exception_
>
> *description* _org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
> Exception: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
> Error compiling test_2_xml: Line 66, column 2: illegal start of type
> Line 49, column 11: class
> org.apache.cocoon.www.docs.test.docs.test_2_xml should be declared
> abstract; it does not define method generate() in interface
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator Line 0, column 0: 2 errors _
>
> Here is the source code :
>
> <xsp:logic>
> try
> {
>   public static String foo = "Hello";

Peek a good basic Java book, and read it. When you done, proceed with
writing Java in XSPs.

> }
> catch(Exception e)
> {
> }
> </xsp:logic>
>
> It works without the try-catch structure... but doesn't with...

Which means you have xsp:logic as the first tag in xsp:page (no content
tag). This logic goes into class level, not method level. If you want
this logic to be on method level, put xsp:logic inside document body tag.

PS Also, read available XSP docs and study samples.

Vadim