cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How to get xml-entities into Javascript strings?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:58:24 GMT
Koen Pellegrims wrote:
> Maybe my post wasn't very clear; the XML contains &#235; but JavaScript
> expects \U00EB (which is 235 in hex).
> Instead of reinventing the wheel, I was hoping there would be some standard
> way to convert from one into the other.

I don't think you need to do anything at all. Entities
are only used in serialized XML, as the notation \uNNNN
is only used in JS source. The parser converts the XML
entieties and character references into the proper
internal Unicode character, which should be the same
the JS interpreter expects.

J.Pietschmann