cocoon-users mailing list archives

From John Moylan <j...@rte.ie>
Subject Re: How to create a mapped lucene index for linked-xml files ?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:25:56 GMT
Florian,

1.)You can index your xml files using the example Lucene application
that comes with cocoon,  then have Lucene return a list of files with
the relevent results.

eg:
6% blah2.xml
3% blah2.xml
2% blah76.xml

2.) Next, have a matcher in your sitmap which matches blah*.xml and
transforms the xml once it has been clicked through to. Use xsl to add
links to the relevent elements of your XML.

Regards,
John

Florian Georg wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've got a bunch of xml files as content for my application, and want them
>to be searchable.
>I studied the Cocoon Search example and the docs, but I just didn't get it
>:
>
>*How* does the crawler look for links in xml - files ? Any special format
>(XLink) ? Or html - style links ?
>My problem is : I want to crawl/index the plain xml files, but the search
>results should link
>to cocoon-mapped URLs (which serialize as HTML).
>
>Perhaps I even don't need a crawler. I just index the files from the
>filesystem, and map them to URLs .... Is this possible ? This would be the
>preferred way, as I don't need to parse my xml for links.
>
>Any ideas on how I could achieve that ?
>
>thanks in advance
>  Florian

copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RTÉ may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.