cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: xml-izing a site
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:29:11 GMT
Vaskin Kissoyan wrote:
> question about paragraph formatting and taking such content and properly
> displaying it:
> Is there anyway to insert html into the <description> element? currently
> I just made a <paragraph> element which gets repeated and gets formatted
> as above. I'm looking for a more elegant solution which might involve
> parsing word for paragraphs or the like.

Stricly spoken, you can't insert HTML in general, because it
is not necessarily well formed XML. You can however insert
XHTML (or tidied HTML) and insert it into the output by using
xsl:copy-of.

Parsing Paragraphs and the like is possible but not very
nice in XSLT. You can look into the XSL FAQ and the XSL
list archive, or ask on the XSL list:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
This topic comes up now and then on the list, I'm sure
there is something in the archive, you just have to dig
it up.

J.Pietschmann