cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Fischer <M.D.Fisc...@ukc.ac.uk>
Subject Link Livesites: Catalogue of Tibetan Manuscripts: Waddell NGB Cocoon 2.03
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 04:11:21 GMT
 An online edition of  the Catalogue of the Rig 'dzin Tshe dbang nor bu
rNying ma'i rgyud 'bum, together with supporting documentation and
images of the miniatures illustrating 31 of the original 33 volumes of
the edition (2 volumes are lost). Includes extensive notes,
codicological notes, doxiographic categories, and cross references.

Technical: The catalogue is stored in 31 xml documents, one for each
volume. These are as exported by Adobe Framemaker v7 with no
modifications. The 12,000+ catalogue entries we expose as unique URLs
are produced by five pipeline templates and five xslt scripts. The
output of these processes is HTML. We plan to add PDF and XML options
for output.

The structured application for Framemaker, the DTDs and the Cocoon
components are freely available. We will install a download page for
these soon.

This work was undertaken by the Centre for Social Anthropology and
Computing, University of Kent at Canterbury, and was funded by the Arts
and Humanities Board of the United Kingdom.

url: http://ngb.csac.anthropology.ac.uk