cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <mbat...@humanmarkup.org>
Subject Motivation and resources (was: sexy open source)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:25:22 GMT

Well, I went over the messages after all :-)

I was very happy to see the feedback this thread keeps getting, but I
would like to realize the actual interest behind it.

The first thing we may want to look up is motivation. It's very sad to
see threads like this going nowhere; here we are, a bunch of clever
people here; why not help eachother?

Again, I strongly believe that motivation is the first element to build
here and to do that, we probably have to state some aims. I'll go first ;-)

My interest behind this among other things is experience. It's
impossible to learn something without actually having some task at hand.
My next motive is implementation of ideas; one man cannot implement and
explore much while earning a living at the same time. Some men (and
women of course!) can do it together though.

What would draws me in this development is information management in
general. It may be about documents, fragments, user data, workflow,
whatever.

About resources now, I see that there are people with wich I cannot
compete in J2EE development. But I have solid experience with web
development and authoring in general, with strenghts being client side
apps and most things XML, including XSLT, Schemas and metadata.

Wanting to see the possibilities here,

Manos