cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Strange error using JPEG/SVGSerializier under heavy load - ClassCastException
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:48:55 GMT
Stefan Seifert wrote:

>Configuration: Cocoon 2.0.3, Tomcat 3.2.3.
>We use the SVGSerializer with JPEG-Output to generate graphical menus (we could not get
the customer to use only plain text menus).

>All works fine after a starting up tomcat. But after a few days (variing) without even
touching the server the SVG Generantion fails with the Error below - a ClassCastException.
Every following request of a JPEG generation failes with the same error.
>All other requests processing only HTML still work!
>
>This error is very strange, because all works until the SVG Serialization seems to hang
up totally (but only the SVG Serialization).
>The memory utilisation is normal. There are no OutOfMemory-Erros or anything that points
to a memory leak. Unfortunately it was not possible to reproduce this problem by force using
a web stress tool, it only happens on the live servers and only after a few days.

>After a tomcat restart all works well again.
>
>Any ideas? I searched the mailing lists of Cocoon and Batik but found hints.
>We tried replacing the batik 1.5beta2 shipped with Cocoon 2.0.3 with the latest 1.5 beta3,
same problem.

I wonder is it related to this thread or not:

Vadim

>Stefan
>
>FATAL_E (2002-08-14) 10:25.14:890   [core.xslt-processor] (/rstemplates/rs/rs_rubrik/0,,1767_gruene-partei~de_svg_nav1,00.jpg)
Thread-9/TraxErrorHandler: Error in TraxTransformer: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser