cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@saafe.org>
Subject RE: executing XInclude transformer twice
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:29:11 GMT
 > > Predictably, what I get is a document including most of the
information
 > > from the chapter files, but not the included information within
each of
 > > the chapter files. That is, assume background.xml has an xinclude
within
 > > it, this is not translated by the pipeline.
 >
 > Rather than XInclude the documents directly in the main content
document,
 > can't you include them via a Cocoon pipeline?
 >
 >In other words, set up pipelines for each chapter which does the lowest
 >level of include. Then change the book XML document to include a full,
 >rather
 >than relative URL of the document.
 >
 >I've not tried this, but it ought to work.
 >
 >Let me know if it's successful, and I'll capture the information as a
 >HOW-TO.

Yes this would work. You caould also use the <map:aggregate> generator
(http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Aggregator for emerging
documentation on this). However, I want to avoid this as it means that
content is described in the sitemap rather than in the XML files, not
good practice IMHO.

Ross