cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [ANN] Cocoon Documentation Wiki
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:14:16 GMT
(copied from cocoon-docs@xml.apache.org, I assume most of the
cocoon-dev'ers have already seen CocoDocoWiki being mentioned in
cocoon-docs or in the associated thread)

Hi all,

due to some very pleasant circumstances, a new and non-empty Cocoon Wiki
is now hosted at http://outerthought.net/wiki/. Most of its current
content has been donated by Leigh Dodds of xml.com and eclectic fame,
but as Wikis go, they should be taken care after by a community.

So if everybody who has been complaining about the difficulties doing
doco work using just mailinglists and CVS patches adds a page to our
Cocoon Documentation Wiki, I'll soon have to buy another server ;-)

I don't have an official name yet for it, and Cocoon Documentation Wiki
is kind of long, so how about CocoDocoWiki? It sure fits the typical
nonsensical naming conventions from WikiWikiWorld.

Politically incorrect, this Wiki is powered by JSPWiki
(http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/). Its pages however are stored in plain
text (WikiMarkup) files, and we will unvestigate how we can easily
migrate documentation from WikiML to Apache/Forrest xdoc format.

<warning>CocoDocoWiki is primarily destined towards potential
documentation contributors, Cocoon users and developers alike, as some
kind of breeding pool where documentation can grow until it is mature
enough to be migrated to the official Cocoon Documentation. CocoDocoWiki
is *not* a replacement nor a competitor for the Cocoon Documentation
Project.</warning>

<license>Documentation submitted to CocoDocoWiki *can* be migrated to
the official documentation by a Cocoon community member/committer
afterwards, relicensing the information using the Apache License. Be
aware of this if you intend to write a book or an article and your
publisher doesn't like this.</license>

<caveat>While this initiative is hosted/sponsored by Outerthought, we
reserve no rights on your contributions.</caveat>

Have fun,

</Steven>