cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@kaon.com>
Subject Re: Q: Dynamically choosing action type.
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:45:10 GMT
Ilya A. Kriveshko wrote:

> I'm a bit confused as to how it is determined which action from the
> set gets executed. It appears to somehow be related to
> "cocoon-action-*" parameter, but I can't seem to find how the
> selection scheme works. Can you point me to the .java file where the
> selection happens?

Ok, I'm not confused anymore. I found the file:
org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/sitemap/ActionSetNode.java

It appears that "cocoon-action-" prefix is hard-coded in
org/apache/cocoon/Constants.java. It is used by HttpEnvironment in
determining the environment's action, and that's what is matched against
the names of the actions in the set.

My previous question still stands:

> Can I write a custom dispatcher class that would look at the request
> and then decide which action from the set should get executed, and
> install that dispatcher for a particular action-set in the sitemap?

I wish there were a way to call setAction() on Environment or some other
alternative way to specify the action, other than having a
pre-determined request parameter. Maybe even dynamically inside another
action, so that one can have several tiers of action sets, one executed
after another and the former determining the action to execute in the
latter.

Is there already a way to do this that I overlooked?

Thank you!
--
Ilya