cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Naquin, Beth" <Beth.Naq...@morpho.com>
Subject RE: XSP Java Class Include
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:24:29 GMT
>>"Is the response blank, or just the display in the browser (ie., do a
>When I'm able to get cocoon to correctly locate the class by using it's
>fully qualified name while calling it (I still can't get it to find my
class
>using <xsp:structure> and <xsp:include> so I can just refer to the
>classname..), The only things I get in the browser display are the title
and
>the line of text that come before the logic in the XSP. After the logic,
>there is nothing, and viewing the source of the HTML is equally as empty.
>Only thing I find interesting is that the HTML document is closed normally
>with </body> and </html> tags.. but it seems like all the other text I had
>after the logic just doesn't get parsed. To find out what was happening, I
>stuck two System.out.println(); statements with a message to spit out to
the
>console before and after I call my class method.. and oddly enough I get
the
>opening message, but not my closing message..

I once got this same sort of bizarre behavior described here (nothing after
the "offending" line was showing up), and there was no error in my logs,
either.  There was an error, it just wasn't being shown in the logs.  I was
using ESQL and by using <esql:error-results>... I was able to have the error
displayed in the browser.  I vaguely remember something about "error
pipelines" or the like from sitemap documentation.  Maybe that could help
track down the error if there's no errors in your logs.