cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: XMLForm & mod-db
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:56:22 GMT
On 24.Aug.2002 -- 09:01 AM, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> I am not very familiar with the modular db actions,
> but from what I understand, you would be able to specify the name
> of the session attribute where the modular db actions would read/write. You
> can point the XMLForm model to the same bean.
>
> > I want to use XMLForm and the Modular Database actions together. I have
> > looked for information and can't find out if this can be done or not.
> >
> > Can it be done?
> >
> > If so, how would I go about populating the java bean with information
> > from the database?

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten up to speed with XMLForm, so I
cannot give full advice. Anyway, the point with the mod-db actions
is, that you can read / write data from / to arbitrary sources, as
long as you have a class that does it and conforms to the InputModule
/ OutputModule interfaces.

So, if you know how to locate your bean instance, it would be trivial
to write such a class. Supplied are currently only classes that write
to session attributes or request attributes.

Data can be read from a lot more sources, even complicated setups
like reding an entry of a java.util.Map stored in a request attribute
together with a default value are possible. You can chain those
InputModules that carry the "meta" part in their name for a great
flexibility.

I assume that this is going to be requested more frequently, so it
would be nice if you could keep us updated.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de