cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kje...@kjernsmo.net>
Subject Re: AccessControlException problems
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:17:02 GMT
On Thursday 22 August 2002 16:28, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> >java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> >(java.util.PropertyPermission javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
> > read)
>
> It's *java* permission, not *OS* permissions. Search for Java policy
> file(s), edit as necessary (archive has some more info on this).

Wooohooo! It works! :-) Yeah, I suspected that a bit, but I had no idea
how to proceed.

After searching the archives and trying a few different things, I added
grant {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
to /etc/tomcat4/policy.d/04webapps.policy and Cocoon comes up
beautifully (I guess this file is something Debian specific...?).

However, I guess this is a blanket permission for everything to do
whatever they might like, and that's a bit scary... Is there a
just-tight-enough permission I can grant?

BTW, I've now got 20-something java-processes using 65megs each. Is this
normal...? Anybody got some old EDO RAM chips lying around....? :-)

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo