cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Volker Renneberg <volker.renneb...@UniBw-Muenchen.de>
Subject Re: Resource Reader, broken pipe, large files
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:38:36 GMT
Hi!

I found the problem. I still used the CachingStreamPipeline in cocoon.xconf.
After substituting this by NonCachingStreamPipeline everything worked fine.
Unfortunately the reader stuff will not be cached anymore. But with this
configuration downloads are much faster than before.

Still I've a question about this. In cocoon 2.0.3 in the update notes it's
been said that stream and pipelines components have to be moved into the
sitemap (and removed from cocoon.xconf). But it's confusing that both parts
are still in the cocoon.xconf-2.0.3-file. And there is just an example for
the "pipelines" on how to move them into the sitemap.xmap, none for the
"streams"

<map:pipelines default="caching">
     <map:pipeline name="caching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline"/>
     <map:pipeline name="noncaching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline"/>
  </map:pipelines>

And finally this must not work because there is no such class
"org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline" in
the sources of cocoon 2.0.3. So how do I have to understand this update note
or where do I have to put the information about Caching and NonCaching
streams/pipelines. And how do I select those stream-components for readers?

ciao
Volker