cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: catalog-demo
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:58:27 GMT
Raúl Cruz wrote:

> Hi! I've installed latest Cocoon with Resin-ee-2.1.2
> and java 1.4 and I'm trying to see the Cocoon included
> exemple "catalog-demo". It launch me the following error:
>
> ---------------
> The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:
>
> Exception in creating Transform Handler
>
> More precisely:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in creating Transform
> Handler: com.caucho.xml.XmlParseException:
> file:/var/local/www/webapps/cocoon/docs/samples/catalog/style.xsl:24:
> `&frac14;' is an unknown entity. XML predefines only `&lt;', `&amp;',
> `&gt;', `&apos;' and `&quot;'. All other entities must be defined in
an
> &lt;!ENTITY> definition in the DTD.
> -----------------
>
> is it normal? what should I do?

This is not normal. The style.xsl declares the ISOnum set of
character entities, which contains a definition for &frac14;
It sounds like your parser is not finding that ISOnum
entity set. Perhaps the entity resolver is not working
on your system. There are a couple of ways to test this.

Do "./build.sh test" which includes some tests for the
entity-resolver. See also installing/tests.html

Do "./build.sh docs" which will fail at xdocs/catalog-test.xml
if entity-resolver is not working.

Another thing that you can do is to raise the verbosity
level of the entity-resolver to see if it complains.
See instructions in userdocs/concepts/catalog.html

It seems strange that your exception is reported by
com.caucho.xml... Does this mean that you use a different
parser than that shipped with Cocoon?

--David