cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp <sterl...@hanenkamp.com>
Subject Re: How to use Redirector...
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:16:19 GMT
This should only be necessary if you are using URL encoded sessions. The
nature of cookies is such that until the cookie expires, the client
should be sending the information in the cookie with each request.

Regards,
Sterling

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 11:51, Justin Fagnani-Bell wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> > The sessionMode variable is particularly poorly documented and, if true,
> > simply means that the session id will be appended to the URI.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sterling
>
> If I'm using cookies for session management will it just maintain the
> session if sessionMode=true, or is sessionMode only for
> URL encoded sessions?
>
> Justin
>
> > On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 10:47, Justin Fagnani-Bell wrote:
> >> Is there any documentation on how to use either the Redirector passed
> >> Action.act() or the sitemap <map:redirect-to> tag? I've used
> >> redirect-to
> >> successfully but I would still like some documentation to make sure I'm
> >> doing things correctly. I can't find anything in the cocoon docs and
> >> the
> >> api docs don't say much.
> >>
> >> I'd also like to use the Redirector object in Action, and I assume it
> >> works the same (or that the class implementing the tag is a
> >> Redirector),
> >> but I'd like to know more. What does sessionmode do?
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>    Justin

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><
<>< ><>
  Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp
  http://Andrew.Sterling.Hanenkamp.com/
  sterling@hanenkamp.com / sterling@cis.ksu.edu

  Friends, there comes a time in every man's life where he has to look
the
  potato of injustice right in the eye.           -- Michael Richards,
UHF