cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp <sterl...@hanenkamp.com>
Subject Re: How to use Redirector...
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:12:49 GMT
I was currious about this awhile back and dug through the souce code.
The Treebuilder version of the sitemap uses a RedirectToURINode object
to handle the <redirect-to/> statement. It contains this line:

PipelinesNode.getRedirector(env).redirect(this.keepSession,resolvedURI);

Here, this.keepSession is the boolean set in session attribute of
<redirect-to/> and resolvedURI is the value in the uri attribute after
having any {...} variables resolved.

The sessionMode variable is particularly poorly documented and, if true,
simply means that the session id will be appended to the URI.

Regards,
Sterling

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 10:47, Justin Fagnani-Bell wrote:
> Is there any documentation on how to use either the Redirector passed to
> Action.act() or the sitemap <map:redirect-to> tag? I've used redirect-to
> successfully but I would still like some documentation to make sure I'm
> doing things correctly. I can't find anything in the cocoon docs and the
> api docs don't say much.
>
> I'd also like to use the Redirector object in Action, and I assume it
> works the same (or that the class implementing the tag is a Redirector),
> but I'd like to know more. What does sessionmode do?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>    Justin

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><
<>< ><>
  Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp
  http://Andrew.Sterling.Hanenkamp.com/
  sterling@hanenkamp.com / sterling@cis.ksu.edu

  Friends, there comes a time in every man's life where he has to look
the
  potato of injustice right in the eye.           -- Michael Richards,
UHF