cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Josema Alonso" <alo...@aafunky.com>
Subject portal example doesn't work in current CVS?
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:45:45 GMT
Hi, all.

I'm using JDK 1.4, Tomcat 4.1.9, Windows XP.

I downloaded the 2.1 CVS and built it a week ago. Everything worked fine.
Since I believe it's better updating it frequently when working with these
versions, today I updated via CVS, rebuilt it and the portal example does
not work. The authentication one works ok.
This is the error message I see:
-------------------------------
The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode notifies
that java.lang.NullPointerException says:
XMLUtil.getNodeListFromPath() did catch a NullPointerException.This might be
due to a missconfigured XML parser which does not use DOM Level 2.Make sure
that you use the XML parser shipped with Cocoon.

More precisely:
java.lang.NullPointerException: XMLUtil.getNodeListFromPath() did catch a
NullPointerException.This might be due to a missconfigured XML parser which
does not use DOM Level 2.Make sure that you use the XML parser shipped with
Cocoon.

I've read the archives and copied the xalan, xerces and xml-apis to the
lib/endorsed directory on my JDK 1.4 with no luck. I do not know if it has
something to do with it cause it worked previously without those jars copied
there...

May anybody help me?

Thanks.