cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: TESTERS WANTED for ns prefix cleaner
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:12:50 GMT
> From: Torsten Knodt [mailto:torstenknodt@datas-world.de]
>
> Hello Vadim,
> > Ok, then we are on the same page. :)
> yes ;)
>
> > Just make sure that your transformer is cacheable:
> > ... implements Cacheable {
> >     public long generateKey() {
> >         return 1;
> >     }
> >     public CacheValidity generateValidity() {
> >         return NOPCacheValidity.CACHE_VALIDITY;
> >     }
> > }
> Cacheable is deprecated, as I've seen.

I still live in the 203 branch :-/
In 2.1, you need to implement CacheableProcessingComponent.

> But that was no problem. I haven't
> tested so far. But when it works, has it a change for getting in CVS?

I would put it in CVS, but only together with lighter version of
transformer to provide an option for a user. Your version, also it is
working (or will be working) right, can be too heavy on resources for
some production sites.

Vadim