cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Maximum filesize supported by readers
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:57:00 GMT
> From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
>
> > From: Litrik De Roy [mailto:cocoon-users@litrik.com]
> >
> > Fellow users,
> >
> > Are there any limitations on the size of files served by readers
> > (<map:read/>) ?
>
> No, Cocoon does not have a limitation.

Just remembered one thing: Default cocoon's pipeline is cacheable
pipeline, thus it will try to cache reader's response. This is not
desirable in your case, and only solution (right now) is to either:

1. Use non-caching pipeline
2. Or, patch reader (may be I will do this in Cocoon also)

Also, in HEAD branch, there is ByteRangeResourceReader (in the
scratchpad directory) which should work better with large files (it
supports byte ranges requests).

Vadim