cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Newbie questions
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:51:25 GMT
> From: Michele Neylon -Blacknight Solutions [mailto:info@blacknight-
> solutions.com]
>
> Hi all,
> I'm a complete newbie with Cocoon, so please excuse me if I ask rather
dumb
> questions.
> I have managed to install Cocoon without any problems (that I can
see).  I
> have a couple of questions:
> 1. I would like to be able to offer it to a couple of virtual hosts on
my
> server and was wondering what was the best method. Reading the
archives
> I've seen a couple of methods, but can't see which would be the most
> effective in terms of resources etc.,
> An example configuration file for 'morons' like me would be very
helpful

There are couple of ways:

1. Have single Cocoon instance serving requests to all virtual hosts.
Use host matchers/selectors to select resource to serve.

2. Have single Cocoon instance with sub-sitemap for every host. Put
apache in front of Cocoon with rewrite module.

Sorry, don't have configuration examples - didn't had need for multiple
hosts.

Vadim

> 2. I can run the example applications etc., that come with the
> installation. I'd like to be able to conduct a very simple test for
the
> virtual hosts. Does anybody know of a very simple way of doing this?
Even a
> really simple application. I just need to see whether the
configuration for
> virtual hosts is correct or not. (see above). I did a search on
Google, but