cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Barbara Post" <bab...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.0.3, xalan 2.3.1, output encoding
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:45:31 GMT
thanks a lot Stefan, will try it tomorrow :-)

I use IE 5.5 under Windows NT...

Babs
--
website: www.babsfrance.fr.st
ICQ #: 135868405
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Seifert" <sseifert@pro-vision.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 9:51 AM
Subject: RE: cocoon 2.0.3, xalan 2.3.1, output encoding

You can specify a "encoding" parameter in the HTML Serializer definition in
the sitemap like this:

<map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
logger="sitemap.serializer.html"
  src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer"
  pool-max="128" pool-min="16" pool-grow="16">
    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

There you can try to put "UTF-8" or "iso-8859-1" or what you want.

Another remark: Which browser are you using? There are some problems in
Netscape 4.x and special unicode characters translated from the HTML
Serializer to namend entities.

Stefan