cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: Implementing servlet 2.3 filters
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:48:20 GMT
Implementing servlet 2.3 filters----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Jones
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:55 PM
Subject: Implementing servlet 2.3 filters

Greg,

> I tried to add a servlet filter into my web.xml file in tomcat
> and got this error:
> 'org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "filter" must be declared.'
> So, it thought I could update the web_xml.dtd to 2_3 but then some of
> cocoons configuration is not setup to support that dtd.
> Does anyone know how to utilize the filter tags and cocoon. I don't want
> to create a global filter. I want to put it into the local web apps
> WEB-INF directory.
>

> Anyone come across this issue:
> - Thanks for helping

I've used successfully a servlet filter with cocoon. You probably changed
the wrong dtd. DTD declaration of cocoon's web.xml needs to be changed to
and you have to use Servlet 2.3 container.

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany