cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Jones" <gjone...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: Transform/generate HTML tags with encoding
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:14:59 GMT
Thanks for you help. This is what I was looking for

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 8:43 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Transform/generate HTML tags with encoding

Greg Jones wrote:

> I need some help.
>
> I have a form that a user can add HTML tags into. I.E. " <strong>This
> When I retrieve the value from the request parameter:
> <xsp:expr>request.getParameter("HtmlComment")</xsp:expr>
>
> It is returned, it is returned as" &lt;strong&gt;&#13;This is
> bolded&lt;/strong&gt;&#13;&lt;table&gt;&#13;&&
>
> I have tried to save the parameter to an output using the
> SourceWritingTransformer but it just saved the file with the encoded
> stuff.
>
> I have put a servlet filter on the front of the tomcat server to spit
> out the parameter before it gets to cocoon and it is logging it
> correctly:

> So, I'm assuming the issue is with cocoon and the generator / xsp.

It's according to:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#syntax

You may say this is the issue with the XML.

> Does anyone know how to get this to be read by XSP as HTML tags and
> not the encoded version?

No way. It has to be XML (Remeber: XSP can generate XML only). Use Tidy
to convert HTML to XML.

> I can't really search the archives for this since the results of the
> archives saves stuff encoded so everything comes back as a result.

This was discussed in details many times:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102329696222851&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102319542730728&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102320092903273&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102069686927114&w=2