cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Terry Anderson" <tander...@highergear.com>
Subject RE: Can cocoon write pdf to a file?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:44:03 GMT
All,

Sorry, mentioned the wrong transformer earlier. Used stream generator,
posted xml, saved to file. See code below.

JAVA CLASS:
            URL url = new URL("http://path/xml2pdf.pdf");
            HttpURLConnection httpConn = null;
            try {
                httpConn = (HttpURLConnection)url.openConnection();
                httpConn.setDoInput(true);
                httpConn.setDoOutput(true);
                httpConn.setRequestMethod("POST");
                httpConn.setUseCaches(false);
                httpConn.setDefaultUseCaches(false);

httpConn.setRequestProperty("content-type","application/x-www-form-urlen
coded");

httpConn.setRequestProperty("content-length",String.valueOf(xml_os.size(
)));
                PrintWriter pw = new
PrintWriter(httpConn.getOutputStream());
                String content = "Foo=" + URLEncoder.encode(new
String(xml_os.toByteArray()),"UTF-8");
                pw.println(content);
                pw.close();

                InputStream is = httpConn.getInputStream();
                BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(is);
                byte[] buff = new byte[512];
                ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
                String line = null;
                int len = 0;
                while( (len=bis.read(buff)) != -1) {
                    bos.write(buff, 0, len);
                }
                bis.close();
                String fileName = "out.pdf";
                FileOutputStream fos = null;
                File file = null;
                try {
                    file = new File(fileName);
                    fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
                    fos.write(bos.toByteArray());
                } catch (IOException ioe) {
                    System.out.println("Exception Caught: Creating .pdf
File");
                    ioe.printStackTrace();
                } finally {
                    if (fos!=null) {
                        fos.close();
                    }
                }
                System.out.println("***** FILE CREATED: "+fileName+"
*****");

SITEMAP.XMAP :
	<map:match pattern="*.pdf">
        <map:generate type="stream">
            <map:parameter name="form-name" value="Foo"/>
        </map:generate>
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="doc2pdf.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>